Wizeus > GRC Reports
Zuzak GRC Report; Wed.,
Jul 04, 2012
The Lily and MoZeus websites have been combined and WiZeus created at
Ukrainian community, scarred by Holodomor, helped shape Winnipeg's cultural mosaic
Winnipeg Free Press, 23Jun2012; Bill Redekop
CMHR's fundraising CEO steps down after one year
Winnipeg Free Press, 21Jun2012; Mia Rabson
- Mia Rabson reports that Dav Cvitkovic has resigned as fundraising CEO for the CMHR.
- Bill Redekop quotes Myroslav Shkandrij and Timothy Snyder to explain the Ukrainian position on the Holodomor within the CMHR.
then lists Ukrainian contributions to Canada's and Winnipeg's cultural
mosaic including food, music, politics, crime, immigration, Folklorama,
Stalin's Latest Victims
Ukrainian Vancouver, 27Jun2012; Myron Petriw [W.Z., Eng/Ukr]
Jewish group objects to ‘Great Famine’ case
JTA, 15Jun2012; jta staff
Wiesenthal Center: Lviv Mayor covers up anti-Semitism Jewish Journal, 12Jun2012; [Efraim Zuroff] [W.Z., comments]
-Hate mongers and Holodomor deniers continue defaming Ukrainians.
UkrainianVancouver interviewed several people involved in the 28Dec2010
"beheading" of the Stalin statue in Zaporizhia. The treatment of the
people associated with the "beheading of Stalin" indicates that the
"strategic mindset" of the present administration does not differ from
the anti-Ukrainian Soviet attitude during the Holodomor of the 1930's,
nor the OUN-UPA of the 1940's, nor the repressive Scherbitsky era of
the 1970's. Nothing has changed.
(3) John Demjanjuk:
Appeals Court Rejects Demjanjuk's Citizenship Bid
nbc41.com, 29Jun2012; Associated Press
Appellate court rules against John Demjanjuk; citizenship won't be restored
Cleveland Plain Dealer, 28Jun2012; John Caniglia
Demjanjuk attorney files complaint against doctors Yahoo News, 13Jun2012; David Rising
Complaint against doctors in John Demjanjuk death Rosenheim Public Prosecutor, 12Jun2012, Dr. Ulrich Busch [German]
-Ulrich Busch suggests that the improper use of the drug Novalgin contributed to Mr. Demjanjuk's premature death.
- The Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals rejected the Demjanjuk Estate request to order a hearing on the case.
(4) John Demjanjuk:
(5) John Demjanjuk:
- no additions this month
- no additions this month.
(7) Religious Affairs:
The Secret Meeting ePoshta, 17Jun2012; Olitwin
The Hidden agenda becomes obvious: the real reason why the UOC-KP will
never be welcomed into the EP ePoshta, 17Jun2012;
Editorial (Myroslava Oleksiuk)
- The Patriarch Filaret episode continues to reverberate.
- no additions this month.
(9) Video Links:
Where are you leading, my Church? ePoshta, 17Jun2012; Brotherhood for the Revitalization of Ukrainian Orthodoxy in Canada [02:17:30 and 00:58:11 Ukr/Eng]
These two long videos provided invaluable information on the issues
confronting the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada (UOCC) and the
Ukrainian Orthodox Church of America (UOCA).
- The second video refers to the work of the late Eugene Harasymiw in this area.
(10) GRC Reports: http://www.willzuzak.ca/cl/grc/grc.html
- All the GRC Reports back to 06Feb2002 have been archived, but require further work.
- The Latest Additions are presently shown in the centre column of
WiZeus and will be monthly incorporated into a GRC Report.
Will Zuzak, 2012.07.04