Zuzak GRC Report; Wed., July 01, 2009
Seven links have been archived on the Holodomor page of my website as indicated below.
- CBC Radio aired a 54 minute audio documentary on the Holodomor by Philip Coulter.
- A long article by Timothy Snyder, although written from a Jewish perspective and sources, broadens the discussion of the Holocaust to include Slavic and German victims as illustrations of man’s inhumanity to man.
- Morgan Williams continues to highlight the Holodomor and the Kremlin’s crimes against the Ukrainian people in his AUR reports.
- The Ukrainian Jewish Committee objects to the criminal case initiated by the SBU against perpetrators of the Holodomor.
- It is heartening to see that, after 18 years of independence, Ukrainian school children will finally be allowed to study the Holodomor and the struggle for an independent Ukraine by OUN-UPA.
The Great Hunger CBC Radio (Ideas), 24Jun2009, Philip Coulter
Holocaust: The Ignored Reality New York Review of Books, 16Jul2009; Timothy Snyder [W.Z.]
Russia's battle with history #2 AUR937 (20 items) , 21Jun2009; courtesy M. Williams
More than million people currently living in Ukraine suffered from Holodomor Unian, 18Jun2009; Unian
Jewish group objects to 'Great Famine' case JTA, 15Jun2009; Ukrainian Jewish Committee
Children to study Holodomor and OUN-UPA Unian, 12Jun2009; ZIK
Kremlin's Crimes AUHR4, 11Jun2009; Janusz Bugajski; courtesy M. Williams
John Demjanjuk: http://www.willzuzak.ca/fc/2001/2001.html
The 9 articles archived this month include 4 from the 17Jun2009 issue of e-Poshta defending Mr. Demjanjuk, as well as two background articles on genocide by C. Whitney (highlighting Solomon Morel and the ethnic cleansing of Germans following WWII) and by Jasper Rees (on the Katyn Forest Massacre).
- A German-language video on ARD Mediathek indicates serious controversy amongst German authorities as to the validity of the Trawniki ID card.
- The Schwabischen Zeitung (in German) highlights the background of one of the main protagonists against Mr. Demjanjuk, Thomas Walther, who thinks that “Nothing comes bigger than Demjanjuk!”.
- In a letter to the National Law Journal, Johnny Demjanjuk Jr. and his two lawyers attack the credibility of the Office of Special Investigations (OSI), the personnel of which were guilty of prosecutorial misconduct constituting fraud on the court in obtaining the denaturalization of Mr. Demjanjuk in 1981 and his extradition to Israel in 1986.
The Demjanjuk deportation National Law Journal, 29Jun2009; Michael Tigar, John Broadley, John Demjanjuk Jr. [W.Z. link]
Katyn Forest Massacre Daily Mail, 25Jun2009; J. Rees
Thomas Walther: The man who brings Demjanjuk into court Schwabischen Zeitung, 23Jun2009; Unknown [W.Z. summary]
My reminder to Germany, the World War II greatest war criminal e-Poshta, 17Jun2009; M. Prytulak
John Demjanjuk Jr.: It is very clear e-Poshta, 17Jun2009; J. Demjanjuk Jr.
Nazi torturing trio of Wolf, Wirzing and Shultz vs Demjanjuk e-Poshta, 17Jun2009; M. Oleksiuk
Kriegsverbrechen vor Gericht Report Mainz, 08Jun2009; ARD Mediathek (German video)
Double standard of war crimes Leader Telegram, 07Jun2009; T. Mueller
Poles Review Postwar Treatment of Germans New York Times, 01Nov1994; C. Whitney [W.Z.]
I am opposed to the witch-hunt against Mr. Lennikov and his family initiated by the Ukrainian Canadian Civil Liberties Association and supported by the Ukrainian Canadian Congress. This places them in the same moral category as the persecutors of John Demjanjuk and Wasyl Odynsky. These people are not acting as servants of God.
Will Zuzak, 2009.07.01