Government Issues Committee Report; Wed., October 02, 2002
(1) Enough is Enough postcards to Coderre/Chretien/MPs
- 66 distributed at Appreciation Night, UNO Hall, Sept. 14, 2002
- 30 distributed at St. John’s choir practice, Sept. 19, 2002
- 375 x 3 = 1125 mailed to 14 UCC contacts throughout Alberta
(2) Peter Goldring sent an excellent letter dated Sept. 13, 2002 to Denis Coderre concerning Wasyl Odynsky. (See attachment.)
(3) UCCLA conclave was held Sept. 20-22, 2002 in Canmore, AB. Attending from Edmonton were Eugene Harasymiw, Taras Podilsky and Anne Sadelain. CBC TV showed up and did some filming.
(4) “Holocaust Industry pressuring Coderre” is a summary of a
media offensive intiated Sept. 20, 2002, to “save and improve” the
policy. My summary was posted on the ucpbf and firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing lists and is archived on my website at
It refers to two articles by Robert Fife in the National Post [W.Z. See "Critique"], a press release by B’nai Brith Canada, a CKNW talk show on Sept. 20, 2002, hosted by Philip Till and Jon McComb, an editorial in the Montreal Gazette and a “deportation poll” in the National Post.
By implication, these articles vilify people like Wasyl Odynsky, Helmut Oberlander and Vladimir Katriuk as Nazis, war criminals and mass murderers, even though Judges Andrew MacKay and Marc Nadon specifically ruled that they were not.
(5) On Oct. 1, 2002, Ostap Skrypnyk, executive Director of UCC, issued a press release titled “UCC welcomes Denaturalization and Deportation Review”.